Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tsunami

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everyone who was wondering about this whole tsunami business that it is not going to affect where I am if it does hit Japan. It's only up north so no worries! This may be time for a good geography lesson...
The tsunami warning is in effect for Hokaido which is in northern Japan. A very nice place to go to おんせん (hot springs). For those who don't know, Tokyo is on the south eastern coast of Japan.
There, you officially learned something new about Japan.
And I think I'm going to take advantage of the fact that I have a Japanese keyboard at my disposal at the moment and type in some Japanese for practice. Sorry if you can't read it because you're computer doesn't have the right program or whatever...
私は日本ですきですね。日本はきれいです。天気はいいです。いまはさむいです。でも、私はすきです。
Haha! That was fun. It says, "I like Japan. Japan is beautiful. The weather is good. It is cold right now but I like it[Japan]." And that's my Japanese typing practice. Now it is definitely time for bed! ねむいですね! I am tired!

6 comments:

Emily said...

I was reading the nihongo and then realized you had it posted in eigo to... LOL.

Miss Yolanda Diehl said...

Wow! Look at you! Typing in Japanese! That would be fun! Well, obviously I've been out of it when it comes to world events. I didn't know there was a tsunami out your way. Glad you won't be harmed by it.

Matt said...

You can type in Japanese with a standard American keyboard.
日本語をかくでしょう。

I'll have to show you sometime.

Anonymous said...

jaja, yeah you just use romanji... ^_^ glad you posted this, my dad was worried for you. I was too, for the 30 seconds before I checked your blog... ^_^ MUAH!

Anonymous said...

I didn't even think about you when i heard about the tsunami! Just kidding! I was actually worried for a little while, but then you kept posting stuff on your blog so I knew nothing was wrong.
--Christian

Anonymous said...

Didn't know there was a tsunami until I read it here.