Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

So here's my Thanksgiving:

At about noon I left for Akihabara where I met with my Manga class at the Tokyo Anime Center. Four of us, all non-Japanese speaking white people, did a voice over in Japanese of a few seconds of a Pokemon episode! It was pretty hilarious. We watched the DVD in class today and were cracking up. I have a copy that I may try to put on here everntually. Anyway, then we went to a miad cafe which is a restaurant/cafe where all of the waitresses dress up like maids. As one of the students put it, it's the Japanese version of Hooters just not exactly like that... Anyway, it was pretty good. The food was decent and pretty cheap and we got to see a guy get slapped for 1500 yen. Yes, you read that right, he paid the waitress to slap him right across the face. And after she did it, he bowed and said thank you. *shrugs shoulders* I don't get it either...
Then I headed to Ikebukuro and met up with Matt and then eventually Kimi. We did some shopping, I bought myself a SD Gundam model for 376 yen and some other stuff... *hint hint* and then we headed to the World Import Mart to pick up our stuff for THanksgiving dinner. It was already about 7pm and the store was closed so we decided to go to KFC. I know, pathetic but at least we were pathetic together and what do you expect in Japan? It was a good time. I had a lot of fun.
On the way home we stopped in Shibuya and went to Don Quixote and got some ice cream and then went to Starbucks, again... I love that Starbucks...
Afterwards we went back to the dorm and I put together my gundam. I'll have to put a picture on here for you guys. Then I went to bed at about 2:30am... I'm so tired!!!! But todays my last day for two of my classes so I had to be here. Almost done!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is way to exciting!
Anyway, that's my Thanksgiving. And although it was not a traditional American Thanksgiving, it was a good one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! KFC for Thanksgiving dinner! I guess it's more important to be thankful than what you eat! Still funny though.
--Christian

Anonymous said...

sweet. I had to work, but then when I got home, there was a plate of turkey and green beens in the fridge for me, I was like sooooooooooooo happy!!! I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove turkey!! and you know green beens!!! ^_^ I like Kfc too, and starbucks.... oh yeah. ^_^ two more weeks!!! ahahahaa!