Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Names

I found this scholarship through fastweb.com that requires the participants to write a story, fictional or non, about how AID's/HIV affect a person. So I decided to write a story and I got to working. Usually I just start going and then edit from there.
It starts with a yound Japanese-American girl (of course) learning that she has HIV and then moves on to a young girl in Africa. I had to come up with some African names seeing as I don't know any so I started looking on Google and I found a website, babynamesworld.com. I found some good names for my story and then I started looking up other peoples names.
My name means:
Stephanie: Crown of glory
Lynn: Powerful lion
How cool is that?! I really liked that and thought it was cool. The websites a lot of fun and insightful. I think the best one I found was for my sister Melissa. Her name means a bee. hehe... I'll have to tease her about that one at least once.
I love the internet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny! I'll have to check up a few names on there myself...!
--Christian

Anonymous said...

Yeah, one night my friends and I were bored and we just spent a few hours looking up every single one of our aquaintances. I don't think it was a good use of time as I don't remember ANY of what they meant. :) Mine means Morning Star. I did find out on the site you mentioned that it is Slavic. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

My name means "victory of the people"... I'm not gonna lie, I have to agree with it. HAHAHAHA
Cool sight.
Nick