Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Send Me to Kenya

I am going on a missions trip this summer for two weeks in July to Kenya to build school buildings for children orphaned by HIV/AIDS. The organization I am going with is COMMIT Ministries. I have wanted to go to Africa for a long time now and I finally have the opportunity. Thank You Lord!

I am also blessed by the ability to use technology. I will need some assistance/miracles to have the almost $4,000 for the trip therefore I have set up a way for people to send donations to me directly through this blog. In the blue sidebar on the top section you will see a title "Send Me to Kenya" and underneath it a button saying "Make a Donation". Please click this link to send a donation. Anything is appreciated from $1 and up. I have done this through PayPal and it is all completely safe and legitimate. I have been using PayPal to make online purchases since I've had my debit card and it works well. You don't even have to have a PayPal account to do it. Please see the COMMIT website for details on the trip and PayPal for any questions about donations. Please also feel free to e-mail me at any time. I will put my e-mail in my profile.

Enough about money. I am so excited! I know this will be an amazing trip where I can bless and help others while growing myself and being able to explore a new area. The Lord has been so good to me to give me this opportunity and I can't wait!

Thank you for any contribution whether it be monetary or prayer, I am appreciative and blessed to have both.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your Mom know about this????

Love, Dad

Matt said...

Good luck with your fund raising.

Anonymous said...

hhahahaha I totally donated... Cause i *heart* you!

Natto Hime said...

Hi, Stephanie, Genki ni shiteimasuka? Bikkurishimashita, that you are going to Kenya on a mission. I know a student who did the same thing, so you can do it! Ganbatte demo kiwotukete!!! I have long wanted to go to Africa before it's too late, and I am not sure if I can eventually make it but after I come back from Japan we would like to visit Ibiza, quite close ne! Guess what! We have formed Japan Culture Club on campus. There are many photos if you do search... Your last post in Japan made me cry, really a sad melody, especially with the bookend theme. Much Love, Your Sensei in San Marcos