Monday, November 20, 2006

Hope and Joy

Today, all day, I really don't know what I was feeling but it wasn't good. I think I was kinda depressed and sad. What about I have no idea but that's just how it works sometimes I guess. Then I went to Womens Bible Study in Machida and it ended up being just Michiko and I because everyone else was either sick or couldn't make it. It was really nice because we got to discuss more and be more personal because there wasn't a large group. The study we've been going through is about the different names of God. Today was Miqueh Yisrael or Hope of Israel or God of Hope. It was a great study and a good discussion that really reminded me of the hope I have in God and that I can have joy in any situation, any circumstance because I have that hope in the Lord. I can't really describe it to well except that I know that the Lord is always with me and is always taking care of me. We also talked about the hope we have in heaven and how we can have joy because we know we're going to heaven. It was really great and encouraging. I feel a lot better and I know that the Lord is taking care of me and that He will continue to do so, no matter how I feel or what I'm going through. He truly is the God of Hope, Miqueh Yisrael.

After the Bible Study, I came to Shigeko's. I really like coming here. She and her daughter are really cool and it's nice to be in a real house instead of an apartment. (And Shigeko makes great food! ^-^) She taught me the phrase for `too much`. To say `I ate too much Mister Donut` I would say 私はミスタドナトを食べおすぎた。(Watashi wa Misuta Donato o tabe osugita.) A pretty nice phrase to know I think. You learn something new everyday, right?

Anyway, that was my day today. Oh! And I got a A-/B+ on my Asian American final paper today. Yeah! I am so getting an A in that class. Now all that's left is my Japan Today final paper and then onto finals and I'm done! Woohoo!

It can't end soon enough...

4 comments:

Matt said...

It's sad that you were feeling down but I'm glad that you had a good time at Bible study.

Miss Yolanda Diehl said...

Ha-ha! Speakin' of Mister Donut, guess what I got to have for breakfast. A yummy donut! Yeah, a skeleton crew Monday party! And the donut reminded me of Over the Hedge which is SUCH a GREAT movie! But no one else can share in my excitement in the office 'cause neither Karen nor Mark have seen it. But you have, so hopefully you can be excited with me.

Hey, sorry you were battling depression earlier today, but I'm glad you had such an encouraging study. Glad you're gettin' good grades too. See ya real soon back here in California! =)

Anonymous said...

wow, i feel for you steph. the past few weeks have been so hard. It's like, 'go away or i will taunt you you a sencond time!!'
really glad i get to see you soon and really glad your doing so well in school!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Steph, this is your sensei!! I told you there would be ups and downs, and be prepared,if you remember, as my down this year was pretty bad, maybe the worst one in my life. I learned to focus on something that is good for your "own" self. I was told that what you are going through is a piece of a whole picture. We will see you on December 15 in F-7^_^ Can't wait to see you again!!