Saturday, November 11, 2006

Totoros and Starbucks

Oh what a day! I had a really great time today...

Matt and I went to Ikebukuro and walked around the Sunshine City mall that is a 4 story underground mall. It was really cool. It became even better when we found a store called Moe Garden that had a huge selection of Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service merchandise. I bought way to much stuff but it was all good stuff and some gifts which is why I won'y be telling you everything I bought. I did get some really cool watercolor postcards, cute Totoro stamps with stamp pad, a fuzzy coal sprite pin and some more stuff...

Then it got even better when we went to go and look at the 3 story Christmas tree and got our picture taken with 3 samurai! How awesome and really strange is that! We went to go look at a giant blue Christmas tree and ended up getting our picture taken in front of it with 3 samurai. They even gave Matt a sword to hold for the picture! Haha! Oh, good times...

After our long trek through Sunshine City we decided to go to Shibuya and visit the busiest Starbucks in the world, yes, the world. What do you expect from a city where 2,500 people cross the main intersection everytime the light changes? Anyway, we didn't have to wait long for our drinks but we waited 30 minutes to get somewhere to sit. So we milked it for all it was worth and ended up sitting there for an hour listening to the Christmas music and talking about our family traditions. It was nice to have someone to reminisce and miss home with. I was feeling so sad and missing home so much! *sigh* But I will be home soon! And my Gingerbread Latte was really good...

Then we came home and went to the grocery store and parted ways and I went in my room and put on my Bing Crosby Christmas music and started drawing a picture based on some of the postcards I bought. I was really impressed with how it turned out. Maybe I'm not so bad at this art business afterall...


Chibi Totoros on Leaves
By the way, it says "Tonari no Totoro" or "My Neighbor Totoro" in English

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! Do you have those pictures of you and your friend in front of the Christmas tree with thte samurai??
--Christian

Anonymous said...

sweetness!! i love totoro!! ... i should take a picture of mine for you.... he's missing an eye and he got in a fight with a pen that exploded in my pocket... and well he lost..... ^_^;;; buy me totoro stuff!!!!!!! hint hint.... lol, i looooove you my steph im so glad your comming home soon!