Thursday, January 25, 2007

Post Office Blues

On Tuesday I came home to discover that the mail man had tried to deliver two packages to me but was unable to do so because no one was home to receive said packages. I was thrilled knowing that my new DVD of a Japanese drama, Suppli, and my new book for Greek and Roman Mythology, The Universe, the Gods and Men by Jean-Pierre Vernant, would soon be in my hands so that I could enjoy them thoroughly. I was eventually able to call the post office's English help number and instructed the nice man on the phone to have the packages delivered the next day, Wednesday, between the hours of 5 and 7pm. The packages were delivered on time and I couldn't have been happier.

At 7:30pm Kimi and I went to Jeremiah and Geigy's house for the Wednesday Night Bible Study which was a lot of fun as usual. Afterwards we were sitting around talking and at 11pm the phone rang. We were completely shocked and were wondering who would be calling at such an hour. Luckily we had Isaac there to translate for us and we found out that the mail man was calling about my packages. Apparently one or both of the packages required a signature that the mail man failed to get from me upon deliver and that he wanted to come to my home to get my signature. He wanted to come to my house at 11 o'clock at night to get my signature for a package, my signature! I was totally amazed. Of course I was said, "No way! It's 11 o'clock at night! Tell them they can come tomorrow and no earlier then 10:30am!". We were in a state of shock for quite a while and had a good discussion about it. On the one hand its nice to know that they are working that late and if I ever needed them but on the other hand, they called at 11pm, 11pm! Crazy country...

3 comments:

Matt said...

It's interesting that they would actually come back for a signature.

Anonymous said...

he was probably a stalker. Good choice not letting him come over at 11!
--Christian

Anonymous said...

hahaha.....thats friggen awesome! espesially for all those people who like to stay up late!