Tuesday, January 16, 2007

One of Those Days

Today has just been one of those days. This morning was great. I woke up at 8:48am before my alarm went off and felt well rested and excited that I was going to be able to talk to my parents.

I came down the ladder and signed onto AIM and there was Mommy! It took some time but eventually Daddy figured out how to make the new headset/mic work so that I could actually hear them and then we were able to talk for free for as long as we wanted. It was great! I always love talking to my parents and now that we've figured out how to do it for free over AIM it's even better.

Then it all began. DUN DUN DUN! I got in the shower a little late and was therefore running late when I eventually made it out the door and towards the station. I was about 3/4 of the way to the station when I realized that I had forgotten my commuter pass in my closet. You know, the one that saved me over $400. So I went back for it and decided to take the bike so that I wouldn't be outrageously late to class. I got the keys and registration slip and went down to the bike parking area. I unlocked the bike, turned it around and started down the path when I discovered that the rear tire was extremely flat. With a heavy sigh I turned the bike back around and put it back in its parking spot. I turned around to walk to the station and CRASH!, the bike falls over and takes the neighbors bike with it. Oi... I pick up the bike and attempt to make it stay. After about 2 or 3 minutes of propping it up on the (useless) kickstand it finally stays standing and I am finally able to get all the way to the train station without anything else going wrong.

I made it to class only 15 minutes late and the rest of the day has been going well since then. Class was interesting and engaing as always and I was able to complete (except for the essay portion) my application to the University of Richmond and send off my transcript requests from Temple and Palomar.

Now I sit waiting for Kimi to get out of class so that we can head back to Machida for the Womens' Dinner with the other ladies from church. That should prove to be a good time as it always is.

I think I'll go take a nap now.

No comments: