Sunday, January 07, 2007

Day One

My first day back in Japan was a good one. I woke up at about 7:30am and started doing a little unpacking. Kimi got up not to long after that and we played on our computers for a while. Then I had some tea and got in the shower. Then continued to play on my computer a little but more. I got my spreed sheet for my budget all done so that I can keep a close watch on my money seeing that I don't have a whole lot left. Enough but I still need to keep track of it. After that we went to the store and bought some hangers for my clothes seeing that all I have is a closet and some bread and cheese and butter. Then we came back to the apartment and made some grilled cheese sandwiches for the potluck at church. Kimi put mayonnaise on some of them which was actually quite good but I had never heard of the concept before. They were tasty. We then walked over to the church and went to service. Jeremiah started in Proverbs today and it was communion. It was a good service. Afterwards we had the potluck and that was a lot of fun. We had some good food including salad with bacon bits, nachos, curry and of course grilled cheese. I love International Fellowship potlucks. Always a nice assortment of foods from around the world. There was a lot of good food and good laughs. It's nice to see everyone again. It also really sucks because now I have friends in both California and Japan and I can only be in one place at once. I would rather have the friends then not though so its definitely worth it. I don't think I would change coming here. Change that, I wouldn't change coming here.

Now we're playing on our computers again. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of that for the next three and a half months. Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

International potlucks sound really good. And I grew up putting mayonaise on my grilled cheese sandwiches too.

I wouldn't change you going to Japan either. It's something you will have for the rest of your life and hopefully will share with all the people you come into contact with. Everyone benefits from seeing and being a part of other lifestyles and cultures. And the greatest benefit is to understand that we are all the same no matter what.

Love you,
Mom