Monday, January 08, 2007

Computers and Grandberry

Today was a long yet good day. I woke up at 7:00am this morning again and not on purpose. I'm still on CA time but that's good because going to school will require me to wake up at 7am on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So after I woke up I preceded to play on the computer, which I love, until about 10am when I got in the shower and got ready for the day. Then I walked the two minutes to Jeremiah and Geigy's house and used their phone to call my parents and my Sasha. It was so great to talk to my parents. I miss them so much along with the rest of everyone... O.o Talking to Sasha was good too. She's a little crazy but that's why I love her.

After I got back to the apartment Kimi and I had intended to go to Grandberry Mall in Minami-Machida but we ended up playing on the computers for a long time. It was good though because I was able to make AIM talk work with Sasha. We talked for about two hours. Kimi let me use her earphones/mic and it was perfect quality for talking to Sasha. Hopefully my parents will get an AIM name or Skype or something and a mic so we can talk that way. *hint hint* It was so easy and completely free. I loved it. We could also still send IM's, pictures, files and songs over AIM. It was awesome. I couldn't stop saying how much I loved the internet. And I truly do. It is the best way to stay connected and to get information. And it just keeps getting better, they keep coming up with better programs and ideas. Gotta love it.

Well Kimi and I eventually got ready and began our adventure to Grandberry Mall. It was only 5 stops away with one transfer and no walking from the station because it was directly outside the station. We went to the Food Colosseum for dinner and had Teriyaki Chicken Burgers and fries and shared a 3x Chocolate dessert. After dinner we walked around the outdoor mall for a while. We walked through the book store that had some interesting books in it. Not much in English but they did have a book on Tree-houses around the world that was pretty cool. We also went to the grocery store and bought the making of curry and a pineapple. We don't really know how to cut it up yet so any help would be appreciated but we figured we'd give it a shot. It was like $3.50 for that pineapple though. Anyway, then we came back home and now we're going to watch Little Women on the laptop. Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the internet and this new AIM thing....to thing that when I was in college in the stone ages I had to wait outside the campus post office for some glimmer of mail to me from someone other than the school!! We talk everyday....and I had to watch TV in the dorm lounge with 100 other people. Whoever was first in the lounge go to pick what we watched so sometimes we actually studied instead.

Oh well....I learned a little cool stuff too.

Love you,
Mom