Thursday, January 11, 2007

First Day

Ahhhhh... I finally have some time to sit and post...

I started classes on Tuesday and my first, and only, class of the day was Asian American Literature from 1:30pm-3:00pm. The professor is one that I had for Asian American History last semester and there are about four students in the class including myself. So far the material has been great and looks to continue that way. I am very interested in this class and will enjoy it very much as the semester goes along. Here's a quote from "The Women Who Makes Swell Doughnuts" by Toshio Mori from his book of Short Stories Yokohama, California: "'I say to them play, play hard, go out there and play hard. You will be glad later for everything you have done with all your might.'" I thought that was a great quote said by someone who has gone through a lot of hardship and still sees the light at the end of the tunnel and is choosing to go for it in spite of everything. I like this class.

Wednesday was a little different but still good. The train ride was nuts. Kimi and I were running a little late but we still got there and in rush hour. We were so cruched on the train that sometimes we couldn't even breath. It was nuts but we survived and were only about five minutes late to class which started at 9am meaning I had to get up at 6am... Anyway, my first class of the day was Greek and Roman Mythology. That was also a very fun and interesting class that I will enjoy. There will be a lot of reading but also a lit of discussion in class which I enjoy. Then there was International Politics which was okay. Not a lot of homework so that's good. Then a lunch of yummy, yummy leftovers that belong in a different post and then more class. Next was Japanese. The teacher, Koyama-sensei, is very energetic and funny. She reminds me of my mom except for the whole Japanese part. She even kinda looks like her. I like her. After that was the biggest disappointment of the last few months, Journalism. It turns out that the class is actually an aesthetics of journalism class which means we will be evaluating movies and how they show media and popular culture and blah blah blah... I thought we were going to be doing some, you know, journalism. Anyway, that's why I love college. I dropped that class like a hot potato and am not looking back.
So ya, that's my first few days of class. Some other good stuff happened in those days but they deserve their own posts and right now I have to go meet Kimi so we can go back to Machida and get another bike.

No comments: