Thursday, September 14, 2006

NOODLES!

Yes, that's right, noodles...
The school took us on a little trip to Yokohama, a little city not to far from our dorm. The first stop we took was to a museum dedicated entirely to noodles. Yes... It was so awesome! This place rocked and had some seriously yummy noodles. I will tell you the story with pictures...






Here's my friend Kimiko standing next to a giant display of the inside of a Cup O Noodles. 'Nough said...








Here we have a tower display of all the different kinds of noodles. How many different kinds have you tried?






This cute little chiken is the mascot for the ramen museum. This is the Japanese version.

This is the Australian version.

And here are all the ramen chickens around the world. You'll notice the cowboy chicken in the middle respresenting America.

These are the breads at the bakery. You can either get them coated in sugar or in soy bean powder which sounds really gross but is actually nice and sweet for only 150 yen. Kimiko and I each got one and split them so we could try both. You can also get nyun nyun (milk) for only 100 yen. Japanese milk is the best! I don't know what it is but it tastes like it just came from the cow. Good stuff...

Here's a close up. Again, good stuff...

Fuku-chan Ramen. This is the ramen shop we went to in the museum. Seriously good stuff.

This is the bowl of ramen that I ate for only 700 yen. If any of you ever go to Tokyo you HAVE to go to this museum and eat some ramen. Seriously... it's a must...

And that concludes my seriously long blog about noodles. Only in Japan...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, whoa. That's me. Craziness.

Are you going to post about the sumo tournament? I'm sure you are and I hope there's lots of pictures to go with it. See you 'round.

K

Anonymous said...

yummmy. you are so taking me to the ramen museum when i go back to Japan.
---- Koala