Thursday, September 14, 2006

Church

I love church! I found a Horizon here that I had heard about from the Huddle and I met the pastor who some of you may know, Jeremiah Boek, when I came to Japan in June. So the church was close and I went and it was so much fun! It's really tiny with maybe 20 people maximum but it is awesome. I've started doing worship for them and this Sunday we move into a newly renovated building that is much bigger then the last one. Not that the space is really needed too much at the moment but hopefully it will be needed.
One day I went to the new building which is in Chitose Funabashi and helped with the renovations. I spackled for 4 hours. I know, fun. It actually was. I liked it and afterwards I got free sushi so who could complain? We (we being Jeremiah and his family and another family from church) went to one of the rotating sushi bars. It was so cool!

The sushi chefs are in the back and they put the sushi on the conveyor belt and it comes around and you pick up the sushi and at the end they count your plates and that's what you pay. It's usually around 200 yen for a plate which is about less then $2 and there are 2 pieces of sushi per plate. I know, good deal. The sushi was really good and this conveyor belt thingy is really cool!





Here's some squid. It was really good. There was a guy here from California helping with the building and he had never had sushi before so we made him eat all the crazy stuff like squid and octopus. And the crazy and cool part was that he like it! We had a great time at sushi.






After sushi we went to Jeremiah and Geigy (his wife's) house and had iced coffee and crepes. It was so yummy! I've never had a home made crepe before and it was really good. We put some crazy stuff in there like grape jelly and corn flakes. They were really good.



This is Regina and Justice (Jeremiah and Geigy's son) putting some Ready Whip that Regina got on base (her husbands in the Navy, that's why they're in Japan) on Justice's crepe. He is one crazy little kid, let me tell ya...









Justice eating his crepe that he had to get a spoon for because it was so full! Kawaii! A new Japanese word for the day. It means cute!















Church had been really fun and a great blessing. The people are really great and it is so nice to be able to be plugged in and to have fellowship.
I'll put up some pictures of the new church on Sunday or Monday and also some pictures of the main church in Machida that I go to after the morning service.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wnet to one of those rotating sushi doo-hickies while I was in London! they're neat, but food in london sucks. sucks sucks sucks.

it's probably better in its country of origin, que no? :)

Anonymous said...

Yummy. sushi and crepe. I miss food in Japan. I am sooooooo jealous of you.
-_-

---koala