Thursday, September 14, 2006

And so it starts...

Okay, so here's how it's gonna go... Since I was a big slacker and didn't do anything for a month the next few posts are going to be just the big things I've done since I've been here the I think you guys should see and hear/read about.

August 17, 2006, Day 1: Here's what I wrote in my journal (that I'll actually let you see) as well as some pictures of my dorm and room.

I'm here! I am here in my dorm in Tokyo, Japan. It is so awesome and pretty here. I am so excited! We have placement exams today, not so exciting but that's okay.
I miss everyone so much but I've already made some new friends like my roommate Jae who's from Canada.
I'm excited to go out and explore and enjoy Japan. This whole being responsible for myself and being able to come and go as I please is pretty nice too.
And I am so excited about what the Lord is going to do! "With God all things are possible" Matthew 19:26b

Pics of my dorm:
Outside

I'm on the bottom floor in room #105.













Inside

I sleep on the top bunck and my roommate Jae on the bottom. There;s our tv where we watch our drama, Suppli, I love it! So ya, it's small but we manage and we're never really there anyway so it doesn't matter.









My bookshelf
There's the beautiful picture my Sasha made me before I left (I love you Sasha!) and my stuffed lion and hippo from the Wild Animal Park when we went with Grandmommy and Melissa and I bought eachother hippos and my Get Fuzzy daily calendar and the kitty Tachibana sensei gave me (see, it's on my bookshelf and I see it every morning!) and my books and journals and other things.





And that concludes Day 1! I hope it was informative and ya...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see pictures of YOU!!

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!
--Christian

Anonymous said...

I already no what you look like but what the heck.. Steve

Anonymous said...

You're so mean Steve! You know you miss Stephanie!
--Christian

TOKYO JOSH said...

where do you put your dirty landry. Cuz i dont see it

Anonymous said...

hey steph, your dorm is awesome. It is like the little house you seen in the anime show.
--- Sara (a.k.a. Koala)