Monday, October 02, 2006

My New Doo!

Check it out! I got my hair straightened! I love it! I think it looks so good! The guys at Hippo did such a good job and I am so happy! And it was free!

So this makes for an interesting story so I feel like you should read it.

I got to Hippo a little before my appointment so after they took my purse/backpack and my jacket I sat down and read some magazines until I was called over to the shampoo chair. One of the three guys in the place (who is not unfortunate looking by the way, teehee...) comes over and washes my hair after giving me a towel for my lap, another for around my neck and one over my face.
Then I go to the other chair and am given a smock with sleeves and the owner of Hippo who speaks English comes over and cuts my hair in a nice medium Japanese style.
Then they blow dry my hair... Those of you who know me know that blow dryers and my hair don't go well together. I had an actual fro, a serious fro... It was so funny I could barely keep myself from laughing!
Then they bring over the chemicals. A nice clear blue liquid that they apply with an instrument that is a comb on one side and a brush on the other. Of course they are wearing their black gloves. And I say they because two of the guys are working on my hair at this point.
After about 30 minutes of this they wrap my head in Saran wrap and I sit under a dryer that is just a circle that spins over my head as it heats for about 10-15 minutes. Then they take off the Saran wrap and reapply the lovely blue stuff for another 30 minutes or so.
My hair is washed again by the same guy with another towel on my lap and my face and then I got back to the other chair and they start to straighten my hair with a flat iron. This time all three of them are going at it because they are straightening my entire head, one little tiny section at a time. This took almost two hours! I really wanted to stand up and my butt was totally falling asleep but it's all good.
And then when I thought they were done, they bring over another chemical, this time a white one, and begin to apply this to my head. Another 30 minutes later I am taken to the washing station again and they wash my hair with more towels. They blow dry my hair again, this time it turns out well, brush my hair and we'll done!
Whew! That was a lot! It took about 4 hours altogether and three guys all working at the same time to get it done but it's done! And for free! I love it and I am sooooooo happy with it! Check out the pictures and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody will ever think we're twins EVER AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! A great style and it looks so straight...
Sounds like it was quite a process but it was worth it.

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would be able to stand getting my hair done for 4 hours ( at least I better hope I don't!) !Now the last thing you need to do is get taller!
--Christian