Monday, October 30, 2006

'Captains Log' Revised a Little...

Okay, bear (I think that's the wrong kind of bear but who really cares anyway?) with me for a bit. Don't get confused or bored (although I can't see how you could), you really need to read this...

Stephanie's Blog
Star Date: Tuesday October 31, 2006 1:30am Location: Tokyo, Japan

This is what I love. This is what I want. This is what I'm passionate about. Helping others, fighting for what I know is right, I cannot sit back and watch while injustices are being done. Even the little things like the dryers in the lounge not working. I just can't do it, I can't not do anything, I have to do something.
Sorry about that, I just had to write it down before I forgot. So here's what sparked that lovely rant.

The dryers in the dorm (pardon my French) suck. That's it. I was doing my laundry today and it took two and a half hours and 500 yen to dry half a load of laundry! Some of us were talking about it and I said that I wasn't going to stand for it, that I was going to try to do something about it. That got me thinking and now I can't stop. I thought about how this is what I'm passionate about. I want to help people anyway I can even if it's something as ridiculous as dryers in the lounge. I thought about how I am so much like my parents. I have my dads people skills and my moms drive to fight for what is right and help people.
I also thought about my meeting with Prof. Wu. He told me to close my eyes and picture high school, picture my favorite class and tell him why it was my favorite. I said English because we got to read and write. We got to read and write? What is that? Where's the desire in that? Where's the passion? Now that I've found it and we'll see what the Lord does with it. I'm so excited and I cannot wait to talk to my parents tomorrow and get their feedback.
I'm flying so high right now and I feel like I can change the world! I know that I will never change the whole world or at least live to see it but I can make a small difference which could lead to anything. The Lord knows what He's doing. He wouldn't have given me this passion, this drive if He didn't intend for me to use it.
The cage has been opened and the tiger inside me is being released. Look out world cause here I come!

And that concludes my journal entry. As I have been writing this and had time to calm down and think it over rationally. (I think part of this was the four cups of tea talking). I can see that it's not going to be all easy and I'm not going to enjoy nor be passionate about everything that I do and sometimes I may not feel satisfies with what I am doing. Or maybe when I don't see the change I will loose heart but none of that matters. I know on the inside, in my heart, which is where it counts, that a difference is being made. Like I said, the Lord knows what He is doing and He will work it out whether I see it or not. This is such a step for me and a revelation. I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do and how this is going to work out, how my life is going to work out. It's all a great adventure put before me and all I have to do is take it. Man this is exciting!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well we'll talk about that passion tonight....but to get the party started I became involved in my college administration by being the spokesperson for the students because the cafeteria food was so bad people were getting sick. It was a last minute thing as I was at the Board of Directors meeting to be one of the number and the next thing you know none of the students would speak...so I just chimed in. It was a great feeling with a great outcome and I don't remember exactly what I said but I'm sure that I smoozed the Board with the kind of persuasion that your grandfather used on his congregations. We'll discuss later....

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Well that's great Stephanie....except for the fact that I AM TOTALLY CONFUSED! Would you mind telling me what you are talking about? I kind of understood, but not really. So just email me and let me know!
--Christian

Anonymous said...

Wow. Preach it, sista'! Yeah, I know what you mean, I've had that feeling before too. I'm praying that both of us can keep our passions alive cause we can do great things if we let God work through us. Amazing post.

K

Anonymous said...

I feel you so much. And love you. And miss you.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Christian... I get the idea, but what specifically are you talking about?
nick

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I so was like, she should be a polatician! but then.... yeah, thats rad steph. Im all for it, no matter where you are!

Anonymous said...

You still haven't let me know what the heck you are talking about.

Nick