Monday, October 23, 2006

Bikes

I just rode a bike all by myself! Hahaha! I know that that may not sound like a great accomplishment but it is for me. My Daddy (thank you Daddy) has been trying to teach me how to ride a bike forever and then my friends joined in but it never worked. Now that I am in Japan and I need a bike to get anywhere in a good amount of time and I was given a bike I decided to make it work.
I went outside and looked that bike straight in the eye and told it I was going to ride it and it was going to let me! I rode it up and down the street a little until I got the hang of it and then went down to the next street and rode around that street a little and then went for the hill and made it! So I decided to go and ride it down the street to the 100 yen shop to get a lock for it and a basket. I got the lock but they didn't have any baskets so I'll have to do that tomorrow. Anyway, then I rode back home and decided to ride down to the station and go to the new Book Off (discount book store).
Now I'm back home and very happy! I rode a bike! hahahahaha! I'll get some pictures tomorrow or something just to prove it to you but I did it! Yes, woohoo! *doing a happy dance* Ya! Woohoo!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Make sure that you've got registration for your bike before you take it out on the street.

I got stopped today pretty close to Jiyugaoka.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You should post pictures of your happy dance...

Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Good job Stephanie! you finally learned how to ride a bike! That's pretty pathetic though that you JUST leaned how to ride a bike! I've known how to ride a bike since I was 5! And how old are you Stephanie!? sad.......
--Christian